Thursday, November 10, 2011

Artist Statement... It's been a couple of years and this needed updating :)

Melanie “Melacacia” Matteoli
Artist, Doll Customizer and Photographer

My goal in my work is to bring these dolls to life. I am inspired by emotion and try to give each girl her own unique personality to match the emotion I would like to convey.

I graduated from HSU in 2003 with a degree in Studio Art and I feel so lucky to be able to use that experience for something I truly enjoy doing and am successful in. I am able to combine my skills in painting, sculpting, photography, graphic design, sewing, and communication to get to the end result. I love creating things and this niche is the perfect way for me to express my creativity and share it with people worldwide.

My dolls are recognized in the Blythe Doll community as true works of art and I have sold my work all over the world. My dolls have been purchased in places like Japan, Australia, South Africa, Russia, Sweden, France, Italy, Brazil, Canada, and here in the United States. I have met so many wonderful people and have been fortunate enough to acquire a very loyal following. I have created 99 custom dolls thus far.

For more information and photos of my work please visit the following sites:

Facebook Artist Page

Flickr Photostream

My Etsy Shop

Thank you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

she is a great reminder to us all! & such a sweet beauty too!!!!!

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme